The Holiday season is a very busy time for you and your family. In addition, it is a time of year that offers many opportunities for learning with your child. Here is a list of some fun things you can do with your children while preparing for the Holiday!!
1. Let your child help you buy the stamps and mail packages at the post office. If you have a home scale, show them how it works.
2. Let them help with the addressing of the family cards; explain your alphabetized address book to them.
3. Encourage them to help with purchasing, measuring, and cooking of the special holiday foods.
4. Ask them to figure approximately how many yards of colored paper and ribbon you use to wrap gifts. Perhaps they could keep track of the cost of this.
5. Take them Christmas shopping with you. Explain what a credit card is and what tax is. Let them pay for your lunch.
6. Clarify just who their relatives are. Is his Grandmother Smith his Mother's or Father's Mother?
7. When buying a Christmas tree, ask their opinion of the kind of tree they like. Let them count the lights and bulbs when decorating the tree. Try to use a few of his color preferences. Explain why the tree needs water or the advantages of owning an artificial tree.
Undoubtedly your family has unique Christmas experiences. Use these to help your child learn from as well as enjoy the Christmas Holiday!!