I wanted to share this great recipe with everyone!! You can make your own crayons into really fun shapes!! You will need to purchase a muffin tin with the shape of the crayons you want to make. They have star shapes, flower shapes, etc. Your local craft store is a great place to purchase one!
This is a great idea for birthday party favors!! For my daughter's birthday I am going to make the rainbow crayons, put them into a clear bag and tie them with a bow!! They should make fun education party favors!! I will post some pictures next month when I make them!!
Makes : 6 crayons
Ingredients: About 3 cups of peeled crayon stubs in a variety of colors
Other things you'll need:
Fun shaped Muffin Tin
- Place peeled crayon stubs in the muffin tin, filling to 1/2 inch from the top of each muffin mold.
- Put muffin tin in 250 degree oven
- Turn off heat when crayons have melted, but do not remove tin!
- Allow oven to cool completely before removing crayons
- Tap bottom of tin to make the crayons pop out.
- To maintain the rainbow effect, do not move the muffin tray until crayons have cooled completely. If colors mix while hot they become one muddy color instead.
- Use good-quality crayons for the best results~ sorry Roseart~ but Crayola works best