With our most favorite local burger joint going out of business it has put me on the hunt for the best patty melt recipe! We go to Church on most Saturday nights and enjoy a nice burger out after service. We are so sad to see our favorite burger joint go!
I am going to be trying lots of recipes until I find the perfect one!! I made this recipe last night and it was yummy! The kids enjoyed it a lot and seemed much healthier than the one's in the restaurants! The best part....super fast and easy dinner!! Give it a try! Enjoy!!
Yummy Patty Melt Recipe
1 lb. super lean ground beef
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Medium yellow onion~ half grated and half sliced
1/4 tea. garlic powder
1 tea. kosher salt
1 tea. black pepper
12 sliced of bread
2 Tbl. unsalted butter
12 sliced of American cheese
- In a bowl mix beef, egg, grated onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Form into patties.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread
- Put a little oil in a small skillet and fry the sliced onions (set aside)
- On a large skillet cook burgers 3 minutes on each side. Remove the plate and clean off skillet
- On the same skillet at six slices of bread, butter side down. Top each with slice of cheese, burger and onions if desired. Top with another piece of bread butter side out.
- Cook each burger until golden brown. About 2 minutes on each side