Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
- Pine Cones
- Bird Seed
- Peanut Butter
- Have your children go on a nature hunt looking for pine cones!
- Using Popsicle sticks have the children cover the pine cone with peanut butter
- pour the bird seed into a bowl
- Let the children dip the peanut butter covered pine cone into the bird seed
- Tie a sting to the top of the feeder
- Hang on your favorite tree!!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Disney also has wonderful free educational materials on their website!
Free Education Activity Guide
This 8-page activity guide can be used to teach students about the science and geography themes presented in the new Disneynature earth film
This 58 page Educator's guide presents comprehensive curriculum ideas for teachers to incorporate additional elements from Earth into students lesson plans
~I cannot wait to take my kids to see this movie and do these wonderful activities with them!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
These are a dozen plastic eggs in a carton filled with items that help tell the true Easter story. You can use these as part of your Easter celebration by hiding them on Easter Sunday and open them in order as you talk about the first Easter for a family devotional time. You can purchase them at a Christian Book Distributors (cbd.com), or you can do what I like to do and make them yourself!!
- Gray fleece or a tiny donkey to represent the donkey borrowed by Jesus' disciples in Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday. (Matthew 21:2-5)
- Palm branch or a doll's coat to represent the reaction of the crowd in Jerusalem. (Matthew 26: 8-11)
- Three silver coins or 20 dimes to represent Judas' payment for his betrayal. (Matthew 26: 14-15)
- A strip of terry cloth fabric to represent the towel Jesus wore as he washed the disciples' feet. (John 13: 4-11)
- A miniature cup or a broken piece of matzo to represent the Last Supper. (Matthew 26: 17-29)
- A rooster figure or feather to represent Peter's denials. (Luke 22:61)
- A leather strip to represent when Jesus was beaten. (John 19:1)
- Thorns or piece of rose bush to represent the crown of thorns Jesus wore. (Matthew 27:29)
- A cross or two sticks to represent the cross Jesus carried and was crucified on (John 19: 16-22)
- Three nails to represent how Jesus was nailed to the cross (John 19:16-22)
- Gauze or strips of muslin to represent Jesus' grave clothes. (Matthew 27:57-61)
- Empty egg to represent the empty tomb. (Matthew 28:5-8)
Together your family can decorate an egg carton to hold your Resurrection Egg set!
We also love to follow-up with our favorite Easter book that goes along perfect with the resurrection eggs: Benjamin Box by Melody Carlson
Friday, April 10, 2009
- With a fine needle poke a small hole on one side of the egg
- Post a little larger hole on the bottom on the egg
- Have fun blowing the egg out
- Clean the egg with hot water
- Paint and decorate an egg that can last a lifetime!!
Resurrection Biscuits represent Christ's empty tomb. The marshmallow disappears while baking, leaving a hollow pastry shell.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- Large Marshmallows
- Spray margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbl. cinnamon
Press each biscuit into a flat circle. Place a marshmallow in the center of the circle, place another biscuit over the top and pinch the two dough pieces together all around the marshmallow. Spray the biscuits with margarine. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the rolls with the mixture. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees fro 12-15 minutes.
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- Sharp Knife
- Glue Gun
- Paints and Brushes
- Grass Seeds and Dirt
- Mom or Dad can carefully cut off the top of the egg with a sharp knife. I did this on a kitchen towel.
- Rinse out the egg and make sure it is very clean
- Cut the wooden Popsicle sticks in half.
- Glue the sticks together sideways then glue the clean egg shell half on top
- Let the kids use their imagination to paint and decorate their egg gardens
- Put lots of grass seeds inside and top with dirt!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Both of my daughters would love this. My five year old is obsessed with high school musical everything. Her entire bedroom is decorated in high school musical gear. Thanks for such a great giveaway!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Tyler playing in his mini beach pool!
Ella buried Andrew Alive!!