The first thing we did was go to Walmart and pick-up all the ingredients needed for our recipes. You can see our shopping trip on our whrrl slide show here:
We were so excited to get home and start making our first batch of cookies. We first made a recipe that I developed using Reddi Wip.
Reddi Wip Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1 jar of Reddi Wip
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease the baking sheet with Pam
- Beat together the egg and whip topping.
- Add the lemon cake mix
- Drop the mixture into the bowl of sugar and coat
- Then bake for 8 minutes
Next we made some Peter Pan peanut butter cookies. Since Andrew is allergic to nuts Ella had never had peanut butter before. It was an adventure and it worked out great the Andrew was at Grandma's house for the weekend so we could explore this new recipe.
Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Parkay butter
- 1 cup Peter Pan peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tea. baking powder
- 1/2 tea. salt
- 1 1/2 tea. baking soda
- Cream together Peter Pan peanut butter, Parkay butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter.
- Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on greased baking sheet using Pam.
- Flatten each ball using a fork, making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees
When we were done making the cookies we took the cookies to our local soup kitchen - Someone Cares Soup Kitchen. They were so grateful that we made fresh cookies for them to serve at their next meal service.
|ready to deliver her cookies|
Someone Cares Soup Kitchen mission message
|They were just getting ready to set-up for lunch service|
|Someone cares...Ella cares!|
Felt Stories was compensated for this review by Collective Bias.I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising
Interested in us doing a review for you? Contact us here