We were really excited about the opportunity to review Franks Red Hot Sauce using the Hamilton Beach slow cooker. We have not cooked a lot with hot sauce before, so it was a fun adventure for our family.
Our first step was to go shopping at Walmart and pick-up our supplies for the review. You can see all our pictures in our whrrl posting:
Andrew loves spicy food. His allergies usually prevents him from enjoying most spicy foods because there tends to be a lot of chemicals in the foods. When I reviewed Franks Red Hot sauce I was excited to see that there are only a couple simple ingredients. (no chemicals added) Andrew was so excited that he wanted to go shopping and get the supplies for me to cook for him.
Our first recipe that I made using the Franks Red Hot sauce is one of my mother-in-laws enchilada recipe. I have been making since I was first married and the kids have always really enjoyed it. I used my original recipe and I substituted the enchilada sauce for the Franks Red Hot Sauce for dipping the tortillas. I heated up some of the hot sauce in a pan on the stove. I then dipped the corn tortilla in the sauce. I then put the soaked tortilla in the pan, filled it up and secured it with a toothpick.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- corn tortillas
- 1 onion minced
- 1 can sliced olives
- yellow cheese
- enchilada sauce
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Brown ground beef and add onions in a sauce pan
- Warm the Franks Red Hot Sauce in a small sauce pan
- Dip the tortillas in the Franks Red Hot Sauce until soft
- Place tortilla in a baking dish.
- Fill the tortilla with meat and cheese
- Roll up the tortilla and continue
- When you are done filling the pan with enchiladas top with enchilada sauce, cheese & olives
- Cook at 325 for 25-30 minutes
The next night I wanted to make something with my Franks Red Hot sauce using my new Hamilton Beach slow cooker. Since it has been so cold and chilly here I wanted to make a chili. Andrew is highly allergic to beans, so I had to create my own unique chili recipe.
Shelby's no-bean chili
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (14.5 oz)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 Tbl. chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tea. salt
- 1/2 tea. paprika
- 1/4 tea. pepper
- 1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- *Toppings of cheese, green onion & sour cream
- Toss it all into your Hamilton Beach slow cooker
- Let it cook on low for 5-6 hours
To Enter to win:
- Leave a comment here on the blog.
Extra entries (please leave a comment for each extra entry):
Giveaway will be open for entries until January 14, 2011. Winner will be chosen via random.org. Giveaway is open to all residents of the US only. Winner will be contacted via email and will have three days to respond before another winner will be chosen. Giveaway is being hosted via felt stories.
Felt Stories was compensated for this review by Collective Bias.I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising
Interested in us doing a review for you? Contact us here