Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Make Your Own Crystal Garden
* 1/4 cup ammonia
* 1/4 cup non-iodized salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup liquid bluing
* a couple pieces of charcoal
* food coloring
1. Mix ammonia, salt, water and bluing in the mixing bowl
2. Put charcoal in the bottom of the ceramic or glass bowl
3. Pour liquid mixture over the charcoal
4. Drop food coloring onto the garden
5. Let stand and wait for crystals to appear!
*Crystals will form overnight!
*Adding more water and ammonia every few days can encourage the growth of more crystals!