Personally I want more out of Blogher than just a large party. I want to meet all the bloggers that I have connected with over the past three years online. I also want to meet with specific brands. Most importantly I want to enjoy myself and not stress. With the amount of people at Blogher it is easy to get overwhelmed. If you plan a schedule and goals, the event will be enjoyable and successful.
Before leaving for Blogher you are going to want to establish what you want to get out of the conference. Do you want to meet new friends, connect with brands, learn or just party. Here are some ideas you can use when setting your goals:
- Do you want to learn more about blogging? More about SEO? Marketing your blog? Monetizing your blog? I recommend that you look at the schedule before the event and select the speakers you want to hear before leaving.
- Do you want to meet other bloggers? Do you want to find new bloggers to follow? Meet similar bloggers and form a tribe?
- Do you want to meet brands? Look at who would be a good fit for your blog. Decide what you want to learn from them.
- Do you want to be strategic about your blog? Set business goals?
- Do you want to learn how to better manage your time?
- Explore other content or a new niche for your blog?
Then you will want to make your goals a reality. Post them by your desk everyday and remind yourself of them. Set a timeline for yourself on how long it will take to accomplish your goals and make sure you stay on track.
Goals are important in blogging, but also in life. Goal setting will help you to become a successful person!
Next Friday we will be learning about Doing the Research. The event will happen on June 29th at 3pm CST. You can sign-up and learn more at http://www.lovinglogistics.com/
I was compensated for this post as part of a social shopper insights study with #collectivebias. All my thoughts are of my own.