- Business Cards and Printed Materials: Make sure that you have all your business cards and media kits ready to go. Place them in a large plastic bag so that if your shampoo leaks in your suitcase they will not get ruined.
- Schedule: There is so much happening at Blogher that is is important to have a schedule organized before you leave. Make sure to include any events, panels or speakers you want to hear. I made my schedule of google calendar and included all the addresses and conference rooms on it. It will be my guide to Blogher. Don't count on being able to follow friends around at this event. You want to make sure you get the most out of your time and a schedule can help you do that.
- Band-Aids and First Aid Supplies: You don't just need to pack your toiletries, but also some first aid supplies. If you get hurt it can be helpful to have these with you in your purse.
- Comfortable Shoes: There is going to be a lot of walking happening at Blogher. Bringing comfortable shoes is very helpful and important. Bring multiple pairs so you won't get blisters and it is helpful to not wear a brand new pair of shoes while at Blogher. Often times you can get a blister with a new pair of shoes
- Layers for Clothes: I live only about an hour up the coast from San Diego and the weather is always so unpredictable. Yesterday it was raining in the morning and super hot in the afternoon. Bring lots of layers because the weather is always so different. It can also easily get cold in the conference rooms and a light sweater is always helpful
- Mints / Gum: Help keep your breath nice and fresh at the conference with some mints of gum. This can help save you time from having to run back to the room for a quick teeth brushing
- Pen, Paper or iPad/Tablet: There is so much to learn at Blogher. I also bring a recorder when listening to important speakers to help me with writing my articles when I get home. There is so much to absorb while you are gone and you want to make sure and not forget the important parts.
- Have a roommate? If you have a roommate it is super important that you bring appropriate pajamas. You don't want to come into the room in "hot pj's". It is also thoughtful to bring or make your roommates a small gift. I am bringing something special for all the girls who are staying in my room.
- Camera/Video: There are so many great photo opportunities at Blogher that you won't want to miss. You will want to record all the events for your blog and also for your memories
- Phone/ Charger - Laptop/Cord-Battery – Power Strip: You are going to be using lots of juice while at the conference. Make sure and remember your chargers for your phone and laptop. If you have roommates you might want to bring a power strip because you will all be wanting to charge while in the room.
- Roller Suitcase for Samples: You will be collecting lots of business cards and product samples. If you carry around a small roller bag you wont hurt your back
You can also follow the other fantastic The UPS Store #print4blogher bloggers!
- Amy Lowe – Dealusional – http://www.dealusional.com/, @Dealirious
- Sara Blake – Super Saving Sense – http://www.supersavingsense.com/, @SuperSavingSara
- Shelby Barone – Glitterful Felt Stories – http://www.feltstories.com/, @GlitterfulFelt
- Melissa Lockcuff – MamaBzz – http://www.mamabzz.com, @Mamabzz
- Wendy Limauge – Sweeties Sweeps - http://sweetiessweeps.com/, @SweetiesSweeps
- The Fabulous Girlfriendology who created these information series http://www.girlfriendology.com/
I was compensated for this post as part of a social shopper insights study with #collectivebias. All my photos, thoughts and opinions are of my own.