Albertsons is encouraging college students to start thinking outside of the pizza box and cook healthier meals for themselves. Most college student live off of top ramen, coffee and junky snack foods. Nutrition plays an active role in our ability to learn and retain information.
Here are some healthier food options to recommend to any family members you might have that are starting college:
- Fresh sliced deli meat sandwiches. This is a much better alternative to the college favorite: grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Beans and rice bowls with some added chicken. I highly recommend getting your college student a rice cooker. They can easily make rice then add beans and some pre-cooked chicken
- Stir-fry! I love stir-fry! It is so easy to make, healthy and fast! It is my favorite healthy "fast food."
We are happy to be offering (2) $25 gift cards to Albertsons to one reader!
To enter to win:
Leave a comment below of your favorite college food that you ate
For extra entries:
- "Like" Albertsons on facebook and leave a comment on their facebook page
- "Like" our facebook page
- Follow our blog using google friend connect (upper right hand corner of blog)
- Subscribe to our RSS feed
- Tweet this post daily for extra entries: I entered to win a @albertsons gift card with @Glitterfulfelt! http://ow.ly/6vJYx You can #win too!
(Please leave a comment for each entry)
There is no purchase necessary to enter. Winner will be selected randomly through Random.org. 2 Winners will each receive a $25 Albertsons gift card. Entries that do not follow all of the entry requirements will not be considered. We are not responsible for products shipped from outside vendors or sponsors. This item will be shipped directly from the company. Open to participants in the US 18 years or older. The contest will close on Friday, September 30that 11:59:59pm PST. Winners will be notified on Saturday, October 1st. Winners must respond to us within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected.
Albertsons did not provide us with anything. All our thoughts are of our own.