Safeway’s design expert, Debi Lilly, has the secret to the best Halloween party!
First Stop, Décor
1. Perfect for DIY Décor: Combine a high-style artisan look with Safeway treats by filling Debi Lilly Design Illusion Vases with Halloween colored candies and a Debi Lilly Design Pumpkin Spice Scented Pillar Candle. Top the piece with your choice of themed masks, for a "pull apart" interactive, and edible, centerpiece.
2. Instant Centerpiece Style: A great center, mantle or "porch piece" can be created simply by dropping a layer of colored Halloween candy into the vase (as a "base") and topping it with a miniature pumpkin, carved or plain.
3. Crafty Cocktails: Specialty cocktails, or mocktails for the wee guests, are always a party starter. A spiced cider bar turns into a fun DIY self serve station: mix spiced cider with cinnamon sticks, donut-hole stir sticks, dried fruit mix-ins and more.
4. Eye-popping, Room Temperature Buffet Menu: This can be prepared hours before the party starts allowing you to mix and mingle with all of your guests when they arrive. If you are having fun, so are your guests! Pull a big platter or plate from your pantry and add Safeway veggies – baby carrots, sliced zucchini, and yogurt dip to create an effortless and healthy vegetable pumpkin your guests will enjoy.
5. Edible Kids Crafts: Round up the kids, and have a hands-on afternoon cutting construction paper bats for cupcake toppers. Place them on a cake stand (which can be created by placing a plate on top of a glass Debi Lilly Design Illusion Vase) for an instant stand to adorn the center of your buffet or dining table for an edible centerpiece.
6. Kids Dessert Creations: Candy corn mini trifles are as easy to make as pie! In juice glasses, or canning jars, layer Safeway organic vanilla yogurt (tinted yellow and orange with food coloring), and top with a third layer of Safeway plain yogurt; add a tiny candy corn, tie-up with Debi Lilly Design Satin Ribbon, and watch the kids gobble them down.
7. "Hoot" Owl Cookies: These use just three ingredients! Combine peanut butter cookie dough with M&M's and raw almonds; roll cookie dough into a log, then slice into rounds. Place on a cookie sheet and with a fork press the feathered chin, and bake according to directions. Once removed from the oven, quickly place M&M's and an almond on the cookie to create the perfect owl eyes and nose.
9. Pop This Recipe Right Up: At Safeway, we've learned that popcorn balls are always a crowd favorite, and the best part is only four ingredients are needed in this easy recipe. Have fun with family and guests at the craft table over melted butter and marshmallows, popcorn and protein-packed trail mix. Melt the butter and marshmallows, pop your popcorn and mix it with your Safeway trail mix. Work the two mixtures together to create the perfect, fall-festive popcorn balls!
10. A Spooky-Chic Creation: To create spooky-chic vases print holiday words or images onto cardstock, or have kids handwrite them on index cards. Place your spooky words into Debi Lilly Design Illusion Vases, with a layer of colorful candy to act as a weight at the bottom of each vase. Three steps and spooky-chic is achieved!