Yesterday I made some delicious cinnamon french toast. It was delicious, however I wanted to try experimenting differently with the recipe this morning. I made some healthier adjustments including changing the bread to Udi's gluten-free bread, making the dish completely gluten-free. I love using Udi's breads with my gluten-free son, and I also enjoy reading their healthy living website. The best part about cooking is constantly getting to try something new every time!
For this version of my french toast recipe, I replaced the powdered sugar with a tart lemon greek yogurt topping. I completed the balance of the flavors with some fresh mango. The family loved the recipe, and did not even know that it was gluten-free.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Tbl. honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tea. of cinnamon
- 1 tea. of vanilla
- 4 slices of Udi's gluten-free millet bread
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbl. of fresh lemon juice
- Zest from lemon
Mix eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a stand mixer.
I loved combining new flavors and gluten free ingredients to create this delicious recipe. Now I’m curious to know, what do you enjoy most about trying something new?
For your chance to win a $350 William Sonoma gift card to purchase a Kitchen Aid Mixer or other gluten free cooking tool of your choice, complete these two steps:
1. Share the Udi’s Look Again, It’s Gluten Free Recipe Contest with your friends (be sure to include a direct link to your social media post)
2. Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to enter the Look Again, It’s Gluten Free Recipe Contest AND tell us what you enjoy most about trying something new below