One of my favorite things to do in the summer is blow bubbles with my kids. After learning that our new puppy destroyed all of our bubble wands, we decided to make our own handmade wands this year. They were very easy to make, cost just pennies and provided my children with a full day of Summer fun.
- Elmer's Painters
- Silver beading wire
- Small twigs or wooden dowels (20 cents at Walmart)
Put down a piece of butcher paper and allow your children to use their imagination while decorating the wands. My kids sat outside painting for over three hours this afternoon!
After the kids are done decorating the dowels, twist a piece of the wire around the tip for your children.
Let them dip their wands into homemade bubble juice for hours of fun!
Recipe for "Big Bubble" juice:
- 2 cups of Dawn
- 6 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of light corn syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Let settle for 3-4 hours.
- (Store in a refrigerator - and use only at room temperature)