The kids are back into the grove of their new schedule, and I am working hard to send them off the school with a healthy breakfast every morning. Statistics have shown that children do better in school when they start their day with a healthy breakfast - the problem is that most parents don't have a lot of time in the morning. I can help! I developed this quick and easy way to make healthy french toast within minutes in the morning. Scrap those frozen waffles and give this recipe a try tomorrow morning.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 whole banana
- 1/4 tea. cinnamon
- 4 pieces of bread
- Olive oil spray
- (This can be made the night before) In a food processor (or blender) mix the eggs, orange juice, bananas and cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Dip a piece of bread into the mixture and soak for about 5-10 seconds.
- In a warm frying pan, spray with the olive oil spray.
- Cook the piece of bread for about 2-3 minutes on each side (or until browned).
- Top with bananas, oranges or syrup.